I seem to have a Gremlin, or a whole family of Gremlins, at Fossil Cove at the moment. As much as I enjoy having visitors, this lot has well and truly over-stayed it’s welcome. Anyone who has visited me here can tell you, this is not a place where you expect Bad Karma. Peace and tranquility are the more usual features. So why am I feeling like the victim of a Big Bad Joke. Nothing seems to want to work properly.
I’m tempted to blame it on the fact that we recently changed back from Daylight Savings Time. I mean, everyone knows that that screws things up, but going back to normal time should relieve the problem, Right? The curtains won’t fade so much, the local livestock won’t be so bewildered, and so forth. All except my moggies, and they’re completely messed up by it. Pigeon can’t tell time (I think Sophie can, but she hasn’t bothered to teach him.) so he is still trying to get me up at 5 a.m. instead of 6 a.m. Not that either time has ever worked for him, only now I just have to put up with an extra hour of harassment.
So the time change has contributed to the disruption of the household, but I think the problem started before that. Can’t be sure. Just for the record, here are a few of the items that have been vexing me this week:
- My sewing machine won’t talk to my quilting frame. Specifically, I have broken at least eight needles; had the thread break approximately 87 times; and I am still unable to sew on it after many (make that MANY) hours of struggling with it.
- Lazarus has been spitting yellow and brown leaves out onto the floor again.
- My tomatoes won’t turn red.
- The ute (pick-up) won’t start (Oh! excuse me, I have to dash out and put it on the charger) and I need to take the rubbish to the tip.
- No one is answering my emails.
- My computer is eating my words.
- I was hanging out for lunch yesterday because I had a gorgeous yellow pear I was salivating for, but when I cut it in half, it was rotten in the middle!
Now, I can see what you’re thinking, even from here. With all the terrible suffering in the world, how can anyone feel hard-done-by when their list of complaints is so utterly trivial? And you are absolutely right. And that, my friends, is the point. I haven’t got anything to complain about! MM