Goodness, me! It’s happened again. I’ve been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. A huge thanks to Luanne at Writer Site for the nomination. I love every comment and every ‘like’ that I get, but there is a special cachet that comes with a nomination like this because it is from another writer/blogger.
The day had started out with all the hallmarks of being a decidedly second-class day–sinuses throbbing, throat scratching–a day to stay in bed. But thanks to my trusty iPad, under the pillow next to me, (sad, isn’t it?) I discovered the good news without having to get up. It didn’t cure my sinuses, nor ease the scratchy throat, but it did lift my spirits. For reasons which I shall reveal in my next epistle, I have been AWOL for a little while, so didn’t respond to the award nomination very promptly. I hope I’m forgiven.
The rules for accepting the award require that I:
- Thank the blogger who nominated me. (Thank you again, Luanne)
- Place the award on my site.
- Share 7 random things about myself.
- Nominate 15 blogs. Let them know they’ve been nominated and how to accept the award.
So here goes with item 3.
- I have a (slightly) broken elbow
- My rooster sings better than I do
- I have 1109 songs on my iPhone (far fewer if you eliminate the duplications due to multiple versions of the same song by different artists) BTW: have you noticed that when you hit “shuffle” the iPhone groups all of the versions of one song together.
- I have a fine collection of single earrings, which I intend to turn into a new fashion trend–wearing mismatched earrings. What else do you do when you lose one? You can’t just throw a perfectly good earring away!
- I have recently lost my taste for pickled eggs (enough is enough)
- I like salt on my grapefruit (try it. You’ll like it)
- I love hats. The bigger the better.
Item 4 is a little tougher. I don’t know that I’ll manage 15 blogs, but I’ll have a go. I did this recently, and don’t wish to repeat the same ones, so I’m not sure I can fulfill this requirement. Some I read often, some occasionally, but I enjoy them all.
- Photos by Ravi
- What if lt All Means Something
- Texana’s Kitchen
- The Responsive Universe
- Very Amateur Fiction
- Seasons Girl
- Coop Poop
- Living vs Visiting
- The Jenny Mac Book Blog
- Things I Find In the Garbage
I hope you take time to check out these great bloggers. There really are too many to name, but it’s a start! And thanks again to Luanne for giving me the nod. MM